My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Listening...He calls...


"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." -- 2 Peter 1:3

He has given us everything we need for a godly life...

He called us...

It's all about listening, isn't it? I mean what is the difference between the girl struggling with troubles and problems of this world on her own and the girl who relies on God to get her through those troubles and problems of the world?

God created each of us...he breathed life into us, no matter where on earth we were born, what religion we were brought up in or not brought up in, what we believe or don't believe...God created us. He gave each of us everything we need to live a godly life. He calls to each of us...

So many questions come to my mind from that statement, but all I want to do right now is focus on listening. I hear Him calling and I answer. Some days I need to listen harder than others. Some days I don't hear. Some days I ignore what I hear. Some days, like today, God seems to be everywhere, whispering through everything I come in contact with. I can't ignore it, even if I wanted to. God's plan for my salvation in Christ and the lessons that Jesus teaches us are EVERYWHERE today! I CHOOSE to listen and am reminded that he gives me everything I need to live the life he wants me to live. I don't need anything else...I don't need to look for fulfillment anywhere else or in anything else. My knowledge of Him who gives me strength and wisdom, clarity and passion, love and protection, hope and peace...THAT knowledge moves me forward to give back to him with glory and praise in everything that I do!

What is the difference between me and a girl who struggles with troubles and problems of this world on her own? I listened. I believe. I have everything I need.

Dear Father God,
I am so incredibly grateful to you today for calling me! I thank you so much that I am able to let go of the "stuff" of this world in order to listen and give you back the glory and praise that you so greatly deserve! Thank you for giving me everything I need to live the life you want me to live. Help me to give you glory in everything I do today so it is yet another whisper of your grace in the ear of someone else's ear today! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment