My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainy Days and Tuesdays

I have several friends who get very bummed out about rainy days. The clouds, the dreariness, all the precipitation ruining relatively good hair... It's enough to make anyone a little depressed. And, while I suffer from this malady from time to time myself, I am trying NOT to get down about this gloomy day.

Today, I am going to try to think about all the stuff I have to be thankful for and put the worries that seem to pop out with the rain on the back burner. I have a pin that says "JOY" in red, white and green rhinestones. A friend gave me that pin one year when I was about to sing. I decided that would try to wear that pin over my heart each day between now and Christmas...to try to keep the joy in my heart, as some would say. I had one of THOSE kinds of weeks last week when everything seemed to get me down and I worried about everything! Today I am going to let the rain wash away all those negative thoughts and worries and remember that the sun is just behind the clouds...it hasn't gone away! I am blessed beyond measure and am thankful that I get these reminders that things REALLY aren't that bad!

So, I am wishing all my friends a RAINY DAY...no matter where you are and what weather you are having, so you too can have your troubles washed away for a day! And...(I'm sorry but I can't resist)...the sun will come out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment