My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas gifts


It's WAY too cold to be on the Sun porch today...or for quite a while. But...the blessings from my morning quiet time still begin my day on the right foot.

Today I was reading and thinking about Christmas gifts. In an effort to cut back this year, and give more than just trinkets to people who really need it around the world, I had to do some creative thinking. And during that thinking I realized it was ME I need to give...to surrender fully instead of hanging on and trying to control my life.

Dear God
This Christmas
I want to give You me.
I come just as I am
Unboxed
Unribboned
Without glitter
Or glamor.
On the name tag of my heart
I've written
"To God with love"
Do with me exactly as you choose.

And in return...God says:
Dear child
I choose to give you Me.


Friends, as you rush to buy Christmas gifts for friends and family, don't forget to let God know you are ready for whatever He sends your way! Talk about the gift that keeps on giving!

Keeping the JOY in my heart!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment