My sun porch

My sun porch

Friday, December 10, 2010

A song of Praise for a life well lived!

It's a sad day for me and my church family will be saying goodbye to Betsy Ford. But, last night at choir, we talked a lot about her and how she loved to laugh and sing and how much she loved the Lord. As I sing for her this morning, I will praise God for her life and ask God for the strength to live the kind of life that Betsy lived...I want to walk THAT walk!

Today, as I sit here in my quiet living room, I am reminded of Psalm 89:15 - Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, o Lord.

In these few minutes of quiet, before I face the noise and confusion of the day, Lord I ask that you prepare me for what lies ahead today and tell me what I can do in this busy day to follow you more closely.

I think if God was speaking directly to me, He would say, "Dearly loved child, praise me joyfully, talk with me intimately, trust me totally and love others and I will be pleased."

Bless you all today!
Love,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment