My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Planning for new beginnings...


It has been several days since I last posted. I'm still having computer issues and I also needed a writing break.

I thought it would be neat to get a conversation started here...I don't like making New Year's Resolutions because I just end of breaking them. But, a new year gives us a chance to recommit ourselves to goals we have made in the last year. Do you do that? I have made great strides in making healthier choices in the food I eat and in the exercise I do. I would love to have a strong and healthy body to help me keep up with the fast pace this life has me going at. Right now, I would like to get back on track after slacking off a bit over the holidays. I am back to recording everything I eat and my activities and exercise on Myfitnesspal.com. (A GREAT tool!!!) I also need to get a little more focused on time management this year. Making sure I have time to do my daily devotional and write my messages AND have time to exercise in the morning means I have to manage the other things I do in the mornings a little differently.

I am hoping that these things will help me lose at least 30 pounds in the next year. But...as Pastor Geoff talked about Sunday, I have to remember that I cannot do these things alone. I need to give these goals to God and allow myself to rely on Him...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I also know that in my life, God works THROUGH people. My First Place family encourages and inspires me and keeps me accountable. It's not just the weigh-ins...its the notes of encouragement, the advice and the hugs that get me through.

So...what are your goals for this year? Do you have a support system to keep you accountable and keep you going? Let's use this as a sounding board and help each other get motivated to get healthy in 2011!! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment