My sun porch

My sun porch

Sunday, September 18, 2011

NTC Day 7---Is it POSSIBLE for me to be brief?

My memory verse this week:
"You have made known to me the paths of life; you fill me with joy in your presence." -- Acts 2:28

NTC Day 7 
Matthew 13-14 and Acts 19-21

Brief posting today...In KidsPraise today we talked about knowledge...learning something NEW so you can be BETTER at whatever you DO. THAT is why I am loving this New Testament Challenge. I am learning new aspects from God's word that is helping me do better at what I do.

It's also making me WANT to do better at everything. As usual, there are parts of my daily walk that I am getting just right...I am studying each day and loving others and encouraging others...but there are also parts of my life that I just seem to shove off to the side...the taking care of myself parts.

Perhaps I need to put some of the lessons from Jesus' parables to work inside myself. Oh, I am good about how I treat others, but perhaps I need to love myself, or the body that God gave me enough to take better care of myself.

I know you have heard me say that before...do you think I will EVER learn? Learn to get enough rest each night...learn to get more fruits and veggies and less carbs and sweets...learn to say no once in a while so I am not overbooked and over extended. 

Like Peter, (Matthew 14:30) I seem to take my eyes off Jesus when it comes to my own health and well-being. 

Anyway, today's readings were some of my favorites. In Matthew 13-14 we hear some of Jesus' famous parables. And Acts 19-21 we hear more about Paul's work of spreading the news. My favorite part of that was how Acts 19:24 is so much like how things are today...it's all about the money and greed! Read it and see why! 

So much good stuff to write about...so little time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment