My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, February 6, 2012

Under attack...

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry,  "Abba,  Father." (Romans 8:15 NIV)

I am reading a book about women...Women's hurts, Women's pain, Women's needs that aren't met. I feel for the women in the story. My heart breaks for them. But, I began this morning finding it hard to relate to them. I have not had a pain-free life, but I have not been abused, neglected or assaulted...I have no idea of what things do to a woman's soul.

I think the book is trying to get the reader to see that while some of us have been hurt more deeply than others, we ALL have hurts and feel the fear of abandonment. These are very deep feelings and the authors are trying to make us understand that these deep hurts are understood by our God. They began for women in the Garden of Eden and have followed us ever since. God was there then, and He is with us now...we are not without hope.

Do you ever wonder why women have been mistreated and kept down over the years? Why women are paid less? Why women are raped? Why mutilation of women still takes place all over the world? The authors of "Captivating" write that it all comes back to Satan. 

Satan, or Lucifer, was a most beautiful angel. He was a guardian angel and his beauty was breathtaking. The problem came when his beauty went to his head. He thought he was so amazing...he deserved to be worshiped and adored as much as God was. He was jealous of the affection given to God. That was why God banished him from heaven. So...Satan attacks anything beautiful...mostly women. Women are the life-givers of earth. They grow beauty and give life to it. What better target for Satan who hates any beauty besides his own! 

I don't know about you, but when I first read this, I felt a little funny. Satan makes me nervous. I try not to focus on the bad stuff...so I choose not to give Satan much thought. But, I do believe Satan is out there. If you believe in God and what he says...you have to believe there is an evil one out there who is trying to destroy everything God created.

Have you ever thought about where the hatred for women all over the world comes from? Why is it so diabolical?

This week, I am going to reading and writing more about this topic...and not just directed at women. The Bible does give us lessons about how to fight the evil that comes from the devil. This all makes me uncomfortable and makes me sound very religious...but I see what happens in the world each day...just watch 10 minutes of the news and you'll see it too! How do we cope with all the evil in the world? Keep reading my blog this week and we will learn together! God does not give us a spirit of fear, but we are his children and he will protect us!

No comments:

Post a Comment