My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's a NEW day!


"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast(right) spirit within me." -- Psalm 51:10

I love it when the Bible verse of the day is one of my favorites and brings a smile to my lips the moment I read it!

I flipped to the Message Translation this morning and loved what I saw there too...

"God, make a fresh start in me. Shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life."

The word Genesis means origin, creation, beginning, and was of course taken from the first book of the Bible. Only God can create a new beginning out of the choas of our lives. There are so many things to do...so many things to remember...so many mistakes to try to fix...so many people to try to please...so many things to take care of...it all adds up to chaos. But, asking God to create a new beginning...realizing, accepting,and acknowlging that God can create something beautiful out of your chaos is the first step to tuly having a new beginning.

"...renew a right spirit within me." The word renew means to make new, so a right spirit was already IN me...I'm just asking God to make it new again! The great thing is, we can say this verse and pray this prayer EVERY DAY! We were created with a pure heart...God gives us a chance every day to start fresh, no matter how much we messed up the day before.

I'm glad I believe in a God who is in the business of renewal! Knowing that I can rely on God to help me clean up the choas in my heart each day makes it easier to get out of bed and walk out the door! Today is a NEW day and I am looking forward to the blessings I will find in it! Thank you God for this message today!

No comments:

Post a Comment