My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, January 6, 2014

Can I be happy for 100 days?

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -- John 16:33

I have accepted a challenge from a friend...to see if I can be happy for 100 days. This is a good time of year to accept this kind of challenge. Winter, and especially one like this one where we've already had a lot of snow and today will be one of the coldest days in 20 years, tends to bring out the sad side of me. I know a lot of people who truly suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) that makes them feel sad, lethargic and sick because of a lack of sunlight. I don't think I have this disorder, but I think I it is easier for anyone to find reasons to be sad and depressed in the cold, grey and dreary winter days. Add in some problems, some worries, some sad memories and some things not going my way and you have a recipe for a good minor case of SAD for me.

So, my friend's challenge came at a very good time for me. I know that my happiness may not last all day, and 100 days are a LOT of days to stay happy. However, for 100 days, I am going to be taking pictures of things that make me happy and posting them in this blog AND on Facebook. This way I can look for even little things that make me happy and by sharing it with others, maybe other people can be happy for a little bit too!

To start things off, I have to share my #1 post in my 100 Days of Happy...


Because of the frigid temperatures, I am off work today. I still woke up early. Wrapped up in my cozy blanket, I had the TV remote all to myself. I actually squealed out loud when the channel landed on the Brady Bunch! I love this show because it brings back happy memories of watching this show when I was a kid and it just makes me smile! It is corny, sappy and sometimes pretty silly, but I still love it! A good start for my #1 happy day, don't you think?

1 comment: