My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nothing is impossible!

This week's memory verse:
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." --Philippians 1:6

Look around you...what do you see and hear? Right now I hear birds singing loudly...I see them playing in the trees, it seems they are playing tag from one tree to the next. The grass is sparkling with the sun shining on the morning dew. There are so many beautiful scenes like this all over the world this morning. Looking at nature, it is easy to believe that there is a masterful creator who brought all these living creatures to life together. If you believe in a creator of nature and of the amazing human body...than you could certainly believe that creator, God, is capable of so much more, right?

Through the Bible, God makes many promises to his human creations...many think of the Bible as just a bunch of stories...far fetched stories at that. But if there is a God who created the universe and everything in it...wouldn't that same God be powerful enough to create a way to communicate with his human creations that could exist and thrive for centuries?

Jesus said is Matthew 19:26, with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! 

I believe in the God of creation...I have faith in what I can't see because of what I CAN see. I believe in the promises of the Bible because I have faith in a God who wants to teach and guide me through this life. I believe God gave us the Bible to make promises to us that he will keep.

2 Corinthians 9:8 says that God will pour blessings on you SO THAT you are ready for anything and more than ready to do what needs to be done.

2 Peter says that God has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him. He called us by his own glory and goodness so we could participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world.

Luke 1:45 says that those who believe in God's promises will be blessed.

I BELIEVE in God's promises...I BELIEVE that the Bible is "God-breathed"-- that he inspired the authors of the books of the Bible to write what he wanted them to write. Do I understand everything in the Bible...NO! Do I have intellectual problems and questions about things the Bible says...YES! But since I have faith in the God I can't see by seeing his creation and the miracles he makes happen every day...I BELIEVE that the Bible holds his promises for us and I stand by that belief. 

I understand that there are many good people in the world that don't hold these same beliefs. I believe in a God who makes ALL THINGS possible...I will respect others' beliefs, knowing that God created them as well as me and perhaps he has more than one way of communicating with his people...his creations. 

God's power is SO GREAT! We humans get into trouble when we try to be God and judge others for their beliefs, or, lack thereof. From reading God's word, I know that I am to follow Jesus and do as he did. He is my example. If I am busy following Jesus, loving, helping, living a God-centered life...that doesn't leave me time to judge others. If all things are possible with God...he will take care of ALL his creations, even those who don't believe in him!

I am thankful for my faith and my beliefs! I know God will accomplish his purposes in my life, and I am a willing participant! Nothing is impossible for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment