My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

While I wait...

This week's memory verse:
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." -- Isaiah 40:31

Waiting...it's not something any of us WANT to do. We don't like waiting in long lines for our fast food...we hate doctor's office and hospital waiting rooms...kids don't like waiting for Christmas or their birthdays....and waiting for the bathroom is the worst!

But waiting is a fact of life that even those of us with face-paced lives have to learn to live with. And many times...it's answers from God that we find ourselves waiting for. We pray for help, we pray for a situation to be reconciled, we pray for healing. We pray and then...we...wait. 

Psalm 27:14 - Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Waiting on an answer from God...waiting on him to do the work he wants to do in our hearts and lives...trusting in HIS perfect timing...this waiting is hard and is not meant to be done just sitting around. This waiting is active...we should be eagerly anticipating God's answers WHILE intently focusing on him. We can go on serving God and serving others FOR him while we wait.

I feel like I am in a period of waiting right now...I really feel that God is changing my life and has different plans for me. I am not sure what those plans are...but I feel him moving in me and around me, and know that one day soon my life is going to change drastically. It is scary not knowing...it messes with my mind and part of me just wants the changes to happen NOW so I can move on and stop worrying and being scared. That is me...the human being talking. God doesn't want me to be scared, he doesn't want me to worry. He just wants me to TRUST HIM and...wait.

There is a contemporary Christian song out right now by John Waller called "While I'm waiting." It really speaks to me when I hear it. 

I'm waiting. I'm waiting on you Lord.
And I am hopeful. I'm waiting on you Lord.
Though it's painful, but patiently I will wait.

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting I will serve you
While i'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait.

Isaiah 26:8 (The Message translation) We're in no hurry, God. We're content to linger in the path sign-posted with your decisions. Who you are and what you've done are all we'll ever want.

Oh, that I could be content! I pray that God shows me what to do with my life...that he'll lead me and calm my restless heart...that he gives me peace and patience to keep serving him while...I...wait!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment