My sun porch

My sun porch

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happiness is... getting more sleep...

I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:12, 13 NIV)

Day 2 of my "Happiness Project" - one of the first things the author of the book talks about is energizing herself...with more energy, it is easier to do the things that make you happier because you have more energy. See how that is a cycle? She suggests the first thing to do to get more energy is to get more sleep.

I don't sleep enough. I go to sleep relatively early because my husband works very early in the morning, and I end up waking up early when he does and it's hard to go back to sleep. But yesterday, I began thinking about how I can get more rest and more sleep.

Well, this morning, after waking up at 4:00 am, I KNOW I didn't get enough sleep, so I did work hard to go back to sleep...and I did! It's 8:15 am now and I just woke up! Good for me...except now I don't have time to write as much as I wanted! But...I do feel better!

So, tomorrow...I hope to talk more about the importance of getting enough sleep in the process of being happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment