My sun porch

My sun porch

Wednesday, August 15, 2012


"For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

I truly believe the spirit of God lives in me. How can I make such a claim? Because I know the thoughts that are in my head, and how messed up I COULD be. In spite of myself, I am able to love, forgive, reach out, be kind, look for kindness...That has to be God living in me!

What could be ugly is beautiful. People ask me how I am able to stay up and happy most of the time. Well...lately that has been harder than normal, but it has been possible because of my relationship with my heavenly Father. When I just want to curl up in my chair and stay in my safe environment, hiding away from the day's problems and troubles, God gives me a message that reminds me he is there and is giving me the power to love myself enough to get up and deal with the day. He gives me the power to discipline myself and do what I have to do, even if I don't want to. He gives me the power to love others around me and love myself as well.

I am thankful for God's power that lives inside of me. It got me up today and now I am ready to got on with my busy day. I hope you realize that the spirit of God can live in you too...just ask Him for it. He will bless you with his power that will enable you do do what you have to do today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment