My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, September 24, 2012

A little Monday encouragement...


"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord." -- Psalm 89:15

I'm sitting here staring at my computer screen...wondering what to write about this morning. It's a chilly, dark morning in my house, so I am wrapped in a blanket in my comfy chair unstead of outside on the sunporch. My TV is on, blaring with the morning headlines and annoying,frustrating political commercials. My daughter is slugglish about getting up for school and has a bad attitude. My husband is sleeping instead of off to work because his work schedule changed and threw our whole family schedule out the window. My dog is whining, because we're out of dog treats. I spend some time tallying up the food I ate over the past week for my First Place 4 Health class tonight and am depressed on how few fruits and vegetables I consumed. Eating healthy is hard! That put me in a bad mood! I hate Mondays! It is hard to concentrate on anything.

I switch the TV off and my dog curls up on the couch as my daughter slides out the door. In the quiet I listen. I hear my daughter singing as she waits for the bus. She's singing a praise song! The sun begins to lighten the sky and my morning coffee warms my insides. I don't want this Monday morning bad attitude to taint my whole day! Lord, lift my mood and bring me peace and hope for a better day to come! I look at the day's Bible verse on my phone.

"I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with God!." -- Psalm 27 13-14 (The Message Translation)

It is easy to get discouraged and lose hope, isn't it? There is so much in our lives to distract us and cause us to lose focus. I thank God this morning for the nudge I needed to take a moment to look in his word for the word of encouragement I needed.

Lord, let the Holy Spirit guide my thoughts as I prepare for this day. Fill me with your hope so I can continue on my journey to be healthy in all areas of my life. Let your light shine through me today so that others may be drawn to your light as well and be given the encouragement and hope that only comes from you. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! its such a beautiful post you have here and your blog is so cool I love it and I'm sure gonna link you to mine as well.great work keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you so much Benjamin! That is very kind! I would love to see your blog as well! I don't write as much as I used to, mainly when the spirit moves me to...and won't leave me alone until I do! :-) I look forward to looking at your blog!

      Delete