My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas! He Came...for You!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but the save the world through him." -- John 3:16-17

Merry Christmas my friends!

Are you feeling overwhelmed this holiday season? Are you running from here to there? Are you worrying about getting the right presents? Are you worrying about paying for those right presents? Are you missing someone who is gone from your life? Are you fighting depression and fighting back tears? Are you feeling abandonded or discarded and alone? Are these feelings not limited to the busy holidays, but are creeping into your daily life?

If you answered yes to any of those statements, you are most definitely not alone. Instead of being the "holly jolly Christmas" we hear about in song, the holidays are a tough time of year for many.  All of the things that are wrong in our lives seem to get amplified over the holidays. We feel more alone, more worried, more afraid.

But I am here to tell you that God doesn't want you to feel that way! The Bible says he sent his Son Jesus into the world  to save the world!

Yesterday, I sang a song in our church's Christmas musical called "He came." I have been practicing and learning the words for weeks, but it wasn't until yesterday when I was singing it in front of the congregation that I really listened to the words coming out of my mouth. Those words can be of comfort to those who are hurting.

Through the years His love remains.
He blood has washed away my guilt and shame.
The lamb of God.
Holy one, Redeemer, Friend.
His faithfulness and mercy have no end.
Immanuel.

He came...to mend the broken hearted.
He came...to set the captive free.
He came...to heal the wounded spirit.
Savior of the world...He came.

Oh come to my heart
Lord Jesus.
There is room in my heart for you.

He came...to mend the broken hearted.
He came...to set the captive free.
He came...to heal the wounded spirit.
Savior of the world...He came.

Dear Loving Father God, I thank you for loving us, the people of the world, so much that you sent Jesus to us. The name Immanuel means "God with us." YOU sent Jesus so YOU could be with us! We are all hurting in some way today, Lord. Help us to remember that if we open our hearts to Jesus, he WILL come in and mend our broken hearts, heal our wounded spirits and set us free! I personally celebrate this Christmas that Jesus lives in my heart and allows me to let go of the hurt and show others how to feel this way too. Bless our world today, Lord, and open the eyes of the closed hearts out there so they can realize that He came for them too! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment