My sun porch

My sun porch

Friday, December 21, 2012

The end of the "too much and too many" world

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

Well, it's December 21,2012 and so far...the world is still here. So hey, Myans...I think you got this thing all wrong. But today, I'm calling for the end of the world...ar at least parts of our world.

There is too much and too many in this world...too much hate, too much greed, too much envy, too much pain, too many harsh words, too many acts of violence, too many wounded minds, bodies and spirits...too many and too much!

What if those of us that believe in and follow God listened to the advice and direction he gives us in the Bible? What if we fought against the too much and too many in this world, using the tools and weapons God gave us?

When you have God and Jesus Christ in your life, God says the Spirit comes to live in you. The Spirit works with you to produce "fruit" or make good and Godly things happen. In Galatians 5:22-23, we are told that the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. I have found in my life when I am intune with God's presence in my life, and as I have matured in my faith in Him, these "fruits" are produced more easily and more often in my life. It is easier to be patient and loving with difficult people. I find I have more self control over my emotions and my greedy feelings. I am able to live in peace with more people. I don't believe that is because I am a "good person..." I believe it is because God's Spirit is living within me, helping me.

There are have been more and more people posting things on Facebook and sending emails that we need to bring prayer back into schools and we don't want the word God taken out of our pledge or off our money. But I think God wants more from us than the image of him on our "stuff." He will not FORCE us to come to him...you can't FORCE kids or adults to pray and think that is going to bring the fruits of the spirit out in everyone. Instead, those of us who are followers of God just need to be bolder and braver and make those fruits more visable. The more love and kindness we show to people...the more patience  and gentleness we exhibit to the challenging people in our lives...the more we will fight off the too much and too many in the world. Those fruits can be used to draw others to God!

So, lets stop wasting time fighting about gun control and political issues. Let's stop fighting with other PERIOD! No, it won't be easy. It is just too easy to fall back into the too much and too many habits. Let's use the "end of the world" craze today to work on tearing down the old world and building up a new, kinder, gentler world! That doesn't have to sound like a a too good to be true statement...If each of us did what we could to allow God's Spirit to live in us and help us get rid of the too much and too little, we CAN create a new world that God can be proud of!



No comments:

Post a Comment