My sun porch

My sun porch

Friday, January 18, 2013

Praise the King!


"Attention all! See the marvels of God! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. "Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your high God, above politics, above everything." -- Psalm 46:8-10 The Message Translation

Ok, for those who don't believe God speaks to his earthly children, in his way, I say YES HE DOES!

This morning as I was getting ready this morning, I was thinking and thinking what I was going to write about today. I wanted to continue on with my Faith/Church/Government conversation, but since only one person commented on it (Thanks Doug!) I thought maybe it is a topic that folks find it just too hard to talk about...or as my mom said...those are hard questions!

Taking my shower and then blow drying my hair, I kept hearing and humming a song that my choir has been practicing..."Praise the King."

"Praise him in the morning, for tall and lofty trees.
And Praise him in the evening for children on their knees...
Praise him for a peaceful porch and rocking chairs that sway.
And praise him for the rolling hills where children laugh and play...
O praise him all ye people, praise the King."

Then I opened the bible app on my phone and today's Bible verse is the one above: The Message Translation of the "Be still and know that I am God." verse that I am familiar with. Did you catch that last sentence of the verse? "Take a long, loving look at me, your high God, above POLITICS, above everything else."

WOW! THAT was my message today! I don't think there is anything wrong with thinking about and studying God's word for more understanding...but today...all I need to do is be still...give God my attention and remember that he IS in control of EVERYTHING, including the church AND our government!

PRAISE THE KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment