My sun porch

My sun porch

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Selah - Stop and listen

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have recieved it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

As I sit quietly this morning and contemplate another new beginning for my life, I look back at this past year...a year of struggle, doubt, tears, fears, break-throughs, rebuilding faith and unabounding hope. Several years ago, I wrote a poem for a friend who was struggling. I may have printed it in this blog before, but it seemed appropriate today. The word "selah" is used in the Bible 74 times. The dictionary says it is probably a musical or liturgical term and it means stop and listen. I have had to stop the tears and fears and doubt and just listen for God's guidance in the past year. It is hard to stop...it is hard to let go. But when you succeed...you are blessed. May you take a "selah moment" and stop and listen for God's guidance today in your own life.


~ Selah ~

The noise inside me overpowers me

My self has been lost to the self I’ve become

I want the journey, but I don’t know where to turn.

I know not how to fix me.

Softly begin

Escape the noise

Loosen the chains

Ask for help

Hang on to life.

The turmoil surrounds me, I can’t breathe

Mind dancing a million dances at once

Jumping through the hoops that appear before me

I know not how to heal me.

                                                                                                Silent

                                                                                                Expecting

                                                                                                Listening

                                                                                                Accepting

                                                                                                Hearing

I don’t know how, I can’t begin

I can’t let go, the pain is too great,

Is it possible for my mistakes to fall away?

I know not how to ask.

                                                                                                Self searching

                                                                        Examining

                                                                        Lifting up a prayer

                                                                        A time of waiting

                                                                        Healing

My heart is breathing, my mind slowing the pace

I paused for a moment and listened

Really listened for the spirit within

I am learning how to get better.

                                                                        Soft

                                                                        Easy

                                                                        Letting go

                                                                        A quiet

                                                                        Harmony

~ Selah ~

No comments:

Post a Comment