My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Determined...to stop worrying!


I had an experience this week that reinforced the fact that worrying about things doesn't accomplish anything except making us sick. My furnace stopped working Tuesday. I spent a COLD night worrying about how I was going to pay for a new furnace. I shouldn't have worried!Even if I had to replace my whole furnace costing thousands of dollars, God would have provided and helped us through it...I have faith that is true. Yes, it's easy to say that AFTER I found out I just had to replace a part instead of the whole thing...but as I look back at my life, God has ALWAYS been there to help me through whatever situation I found myself in. Lord, I ask for the grace that will help me remember that when the next situation arises!


That kind of brings us back to the topic of determination. We have a lot of hard tasks and problems in our lives to deal with, including trying to eat right and in a healthy way. It takes determination to keep going. Here are more words from our KidsPraise virtue song...

"I am determined just to make it through these tasks

Sometimes it's hard for me to do

My chores and homework right after school

I cannot let it overtake me

Other times when the going gets rough

I've got to stick it out and be tough

I know I have all the right stuff

And I know that I can make it."


"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalm 27:14


What are you DETERMINED to do today? Don't worry about tomorrow....what can you do, with God's help and guidance, TODAY?


I hope you all have a wonderful, productive, determined and worry-free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment