My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God's Plan


Good morning!

This week's memory verse:

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8


It is taking me a long time, but I am finally realizing that God knew what He was doing! EVERYTHING that happened from the moment Eve bit into that apple...all the lessons that God tried to teach the Israelites...it was all leading up to His plan to give us a way out for our sin!I don't know about you, but the old testament killing of animals as a sacrifice for sin...reading about that always gave me the creeps. As a kid, I can remember thinking how glad I am that we don't do that anymore...Now, as an adult, I still am glad we don't do that any more, but I am SO GLAD that I am coming to understand the reasons THEY had to do it.


If our ancestors had not had to learn the tradition of sacrificing an animal for our sins...that SOMETHING had to take the place of the sins we as humans commit every day...we would never understand the concept of the loving gift that Jesus gave us through giving up his life for our sins.


Leviticus 1:4 explains the ritual of animal sacrifice. Read that to understand the steps that a person had to take to be cleansed for their sins.


According to God's plan Jesus came to earth and did away with the Old Testament Law of animal sacrifice. Read 1 John 2:1-6


Doesn't it feel better to know that we have an ADVOCATE in Jesus? He was that perfect sin-less sacrifice made for us AND the sins of the world! His blood, his pain, his death takes the place of our own death through our sins.


John continues to tell us more about God's plan by saying that if we obey God's word then God's love will be made complete in us! What a promise!! If we believe that Christ gave his life for us, then our sins are forgiven. If we read God's word and follow what He tells us, ask for forgiveness when we do sin, THEN we will come to know and understand and FEEL God's love! If you know and believe that, then NOTHING can separate you from God's love!


There are times when my thinking mind gets in the way...how can this be true? It sounds so far fetched! That's when my heart overpowers my mind! I would much rather believe in something bigger than my mind can comprehend that brings me peace and hope, than live in a hopeless world of logic, disbelief, hate and anger. I thank God that my mind and my heart are open to Him! I thank God that I can live in the hope of His promises and share his love with others! Don't you think THAT is part of His plan too!

No comments:

Post a Comment