My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Writer's block...not quite!

I don't know what to write today. Since I started these messages many months ago, I either had our First Place devotional or another book I was reading to inspire me...usually what I wanted to say to you just came to me. I assumed God was leading my words...

Today, I seem to be at a loss as to what to write, so I will just write what comes into my head.

I think I may be at one of those moments in my life when I'm at the edge of something...what, I don't know. But did you ever get the feeling that something was coming????I have learned so much about God in the last few years, so much that I feel Him to be a friend. I still think that God is AMAZING and know how powerful He is and marvel at his works. But lately, when I talk to God, it's on a more personal level, you know? I find myself having conversations with God when I'm in the car...when I'm trying to figure something out at work. Those of you who know me well might just chalk it up to just another one of the many voices in my head! You might be right...but I am learning to find peace in this relationship with my creator...what a blessing it's been for me.
"Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

In this world filled with troubles, wars, unspeakable violence, worries about having enough money,etc. It is easy to get overwhelmed, dissatisfied and unhappy. I have had a bit if that in his last year. There have been times in the last year that I haven't liked my life or myself very much and I spent some time thinking about the grass on the other side of the fence. If I had another job...if I had a different kind of marriage... If I lived in a different place...BUT... As we all know, that grass isn't greener. The problems we had just follow us or we just develop different problems.

I am learning to take my problems and dissatisfied feelings to God...through conversations with Him, I work try to work out solutions...try to figure out what I can do differently to make living in these circumstances more bearable. Talking to God about it...since He doesn't TALK back to me and participate in a "normal" conversation with me, (I haven't seen any burning bushes or hear God's booming voice...) some would say it makes no sense to talk to God. But, I know differently because I have experienced that peace that HAS to come from God, and I know that God is with me.So...since I had nothing to write about this morning, I'm going to do a bit of "The Journey." or show you how this simple journal writing was part of it.

Worship and prayer- I feel that speaking the praises of our God to others is a kind of worship. Thank you Lord for all you do in my life, making it possible for me to get through each day.

Study- I search for Bible verses that are applicable to the situation I'm in. I don't always memorize, but it does help me to see that God's word is a living and breathing tool that He has given us. Yes, if you try hard enough, you can make the Bible say anything you want it to. That's why it is important to stay in contact with God and allow Him to guide you through the Bible so His meaning stays pure.

Connect and serve- I love to talk...I love taking with people and learning from them. Being a very social creature has made me want to reach out through tools like Facebook and my blog...so I can share what works for me...so I can show God's love to others in a practical way. No, I don't claim to be an expert...I don't claim to have the answers...I just want to share with others the joy I find in the Lord.

Whew! I guess I did have a lot to say today! God is good to me! I'm glad I have the opportunity to share that fact with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment