My sun porch

My sun porch

Sunday, October 2, 2011

NTC day 21 - Sunday blessings

My memory verse for this week:
"Therefore, let us stop passing judgement on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way." Romans 14:13

NTC Day 21
Mark 13-14 and 1 Corinthians 11-13 (I read the wrong verses yesterday...those verses were supposed to be 1 Corinthians 8-10)

I will be brief this morning...no, really, I will! I did read the chapters for today, but have run out of time before getting ready for church. 

I am finding much enjoyment and challenge in this New Testament Challenge. It is both reassuring and convicting me at the same time. 

This morning, as I dragged my tired body out of bed and sat down in my chilly house to read, I am reminded how blessed I really am. 

I thank God for my busy life. I have so much to be thankful for...I hope I can BE thankful! When my back is aching, my bank account is low, when my eyes are drooping and I feel fatigue set in, Lord help me remember my blessings and be thankful I am alive to experience the trials along with the blessings.

As I read through the NTC and am challenged by what I am reading, (Today in Mark 13-14 Jesus talks about the difficult times ahead and his second coming and then we read the sad story of the beginning of the end of Jesus' life.) I am thankful for a way to reach out to others through this blog. Thank you, dear friends for reading and connecting and sharing with me. Blessings to you all today!

No comments:

Post a Comment