My sun porch

My sun porch

Sunday, October 9, 2011

NTC DAY 27 He still leads me...even when I am a cry baby!

This week's memory verse:
"Therefore since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians  4:1

It is early on Sunday morning, before my busy day starts. I am feeling myself draw away again...what I seem to do when things get hard. Whatever back issue I have going on, pain has become the norm instead of occasionally. Isn't it funny...the pain should be a reminder to pray more, shouldn't it? But, as I look back at my behavior over the last week, instead of praying more, I have whined more and sulked more and felt sorry for myself.

I have read Luke and Paul this week. Their words are good reminders of God's love and mercy through Christ's pain and sacrifice. Luke tells the story of Jesus' ministry and Paul tells us (through his letters to the Corinthians) how God wants us to live and worship and love each other. 

If I can whine about my pain even after reading of Christ's pain, imagine what a cry baby I would be if I hadn't been reading God's word all week! 

Life is sometimes hard...that is the plain hard truth. As much as I would like to believe in sunshine and rainbows all the time...we wouldn't even have the rainbows if we didn't have the rain!!! I am writing this as an encouragement to myself, but I bet there are many more out there like me.

I believe...I have faith in a loving and caring God...I believe in God's miracles and in his healing. In times when I am not able to do what I want to do, in times when pain gets in the way and tries to steal my joy...I need to hang on to what I learn each time I open the Bible. I need to cling to my faith, even when it is small...God still leads me with extending grace, his mercies are new each day. No matter what comes, he will keep my soul and I can rest in that knowledge and chase away the whiny baby thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment