My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, October 6, 2011

NTC Day 25 - We too can put a "ding in the universe"

My memory verse this week:
"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians 4:1

NTC Day 24
Luke 4 and 2 Corinthians 7-9
(I apologize...I think I had my days numbered wrong in the last few days.)

Luke 4 is filled with a lot of important stuff! First, Jesus is tempted by the Devil in the desert. The Devil keeps taunting Jesus to prove his power..."IF you are the son if God..." The Devil knows all too well who Jesus is! He tries to bring him down, make him fail, thwart the plans of God. The Devil is not dumb and uses temptations that might have worked on a regular man...but Jesus was no ordinary guy! He WAS God and knew what he was supposed to do, even at his weakest moment.

While the Devil is not dumb...he is blind. He knows the power of God but doesn't realize that he will NEVER win! He STILL thinks he can win! But Jesus sets the best example for us...he used God's own words to fight him off and send him away. What a great idea for us even today...put God's word into our minds and hearts and be able to pull those verses out to fight the temptations that come to us every day.

I usually write these messages in total quiet. But today, as I write this on my IPhone, I am listening to the people on the Today Show talk about the impact of the life of Steve Jobs. The creator of the very instrument I am using at the moment had such an impact on the lives of us all, whether you have an Apple product or not. Jobs said he "wanted to put a ding in the universe." It seems that he did just that.

Humans need people to look up to. We need visionaries who make a difference in this world. But...we can't always leave that job to others. We should each strive to make a difference in this world. We have an excellent example to follow...Jesus. If we study how Jesus lived, worshiped, loved, and moved the world, we too can learn how to move the world.

Jesus talked and taught a lot about love. And he loved even when those around him were NOT lovable. He loved even when his life was ending. If we each could love those around us with just a fraction of the love Jesus showed...we would make a difference in the world.

Steve Jobs made a difference in the computer world and the strength he showed during the last years if his life has been an inspiration to many. I thank him for his contributions to this world. Through Christ's love for me and the world, I hope I can put a ding in the universe as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment