My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, October 3, 2011

NTC Day 22 - Take heart and keep going...

My memory verse this week:
"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians 4:1

NTC Day 22
Mark 15-16 and 1 Corinthians 14-16

Have you ever woken up in a foul mood and you don't really know why? That is the way my day began, and I have growled at my daughter, my dog, my cat, my car, and myself. Everything I have touched so far this morning has not turned out right. I am tired and have so much to do this week...I am having one of those overwhelmed moods that make me sad for no good reason.

I read my NTC chapters earlier this morning, but I didn't take time to write on my blog. I thought maybe if I went back to God's word and started my day over...it would be better. And...as I was searching through this week's readings for a memory verse, God sent me a little message through the verse I chose. 

God gave me my blog ministry, and the Children's and music ministries I take part in at church. Through the spiritual gifts and talents he gave me, I have the great opportunity to share my faith with others. But, writing every day, getting lessons and songs ready for each Sunday, on top of my full time job and taking care of my family...I can come to times when I feel it's all too much and I can't do it. But 2 Corinthians 4:1 reassures me because I remember that it's God I am doing things for and it's God's mercy from which i can draw my strength. At moments like these when I am tired and think I can't continue...I can take a moment to pause and let God recharge my spiritual batteries.

Today's readings in Mark and 1 Corinthians remind us what Jesus did for us. Mark 15 replays the sad and brutal crucifixion and death of Jesus. Mark 16 tells us of the hope that comes from his resurrection. We learn that Jesus went through that horrible experience FOR us. 

While in 1 Corinthians 14 Paul continues to teach the people in the church of Corinth how to maintain order and worship within their church, (I have a few issues with a couple of things...) he goes on to explain the importance of believing in the resurrection of Christ. Through his death, Jesus paid our debt for our sins, but through his resurrection we have God's victory over sin and death. When we believe this, we do not serve Christ in vain in our various ministries.

That takes me back to gaining strength and heart from Jesus as I serve him in the works God prepared me to do. Sitting here in prayer this morning, I feel as if I CAN keep going with taking care of my family, doing my best at work, keeping up on my blog postings,  preparing for my KidsPraise lessons and practicing my songs for choir and Hearts for Worship. Written down in a list, it looks like a lot...but it's the work God prepared ahead of time for me to do and I will not lose heart and I will do my best to continue.

Are you feeling overwhelmed with the many tasks you have to do? Take a moment to stop and think about the things you are doing and why you are doing them. If you give him a chance, God will breathe his breath into you and recharge your batteries too so you can take heart and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment