My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, January 26, 2015

Remembering to be POSITIVE!


It's Positive Monday!






" May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:16

It is no secret that I TRY to be a pretty positive person. I am not always successful in this quest, but it is my every intention to be more positive than negative each day of my life. Lately, it has been a little bit harder. So, when someone invited me to participate in "Positive Monday", an attempt to encourage people to ditch their negative attitudes for at least one day of positivity, I jumped at the chance!

If anyone had the right to griping and complaining this morning, it was me (and everyone else in Southeastern Ohio!) as I woke up to an icy, snow-covered car and drive way. I started to grumble...but...I remembered that it was POSITIVE MONDAY and I took that negative attitude and scraped off my husband's car before I did my own!

The drive to work, which took twice as long as it normally does, was a little nerve-wracking and my knuckles had a slight white cast as they gripped the steering wheel. Again, I started to grumble...but...I remembered it was POSITIVE MONDAY and I turned up the radio and sang at the top of my lungs and smiled at my silliness! 

As I walked from one building to another on the campus where I work, I started to grumble about how the wind whipped the hood off my head and snow went down my shirt...but...I remembered it was POSITIVE MONDAY and I whipped out my phone and took some pictures of how lovely the Quad and the pond looked blanketed with a new coat of snow. Our Muskingum University campus IS really pretty, isn't it?

So...what have I re-discovered this morning as part of Positive Monday? Our attitude is a CHOICE! We shouldn't need a special day to remind us of that fact. We need to be more aware of our own attitudes and when we catch ourselves grumbling or griping, we need to remember that every day should be POSITIVE MONDAY! We can take the energy we would have used to find someone to vent to and do something positive instead. It really does help!

I am still not happy about the snow covered roads and the freezing cold wind that blows snow down my shirt, but I am amazed how much more content I am later this morning when I DECIDED to turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.

Do you want to give this way of life a try? Then join the other 17 thousand people who are participating in Positive Monday on Facebook.   https://www.facebook.com/events/397653367083015/400333910148294/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity 

Then...remember it should be POSITIVE MONDAY every day and turn your own negatives into positives! #positivemonday

No comments:

Post a Comment