My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

An Afternoon "God-incidents."

 
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -- Jeremiah 29:13

It happened to me again...the moment when I am feeling low and discouraged, God sends someone to me to reassure me and make me feel that feeling of peace that alludes me sometimes.

Jim Burson, beloved former basketball and Emeritus professor at Muskingum University stopped in my office this afternoon to touch base about his Author Talk coming up for our library on Thursday. He only stayed for a few minutes, but he made an impact. After our official business was over we discussed the writing process, his book, my book and what writing has done in our lives. He also spoke about how a recent phone call from a mentor of his reassured him and made him feel better. It's funny how we both had experienced that same phenomenon.

My pastor spoke about those kind of events this past Sunday, calling them "God-incidents." God sees our moments of doubt and frustration and sometimes sends a messenger to lift our spirits. Thank you Lord, for my visitor this afternoon!

If you are interested in hearing Coach Burson speak about his book and his life experiences, you are welcome to come to Muskingum University this Thursday, January 15 at 3:30 p.m. in Boyd Science Center, room 336.

No comments:

Post a Comment