My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, May 30, 2011

Focus on today...

Good Morning!
This week's memory verse:
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Ok, yesterday was a BAD food day...yes, even after our discussion at FP4H group. I went over my calories by 560 calories...wait probably more because I just remembered I didn't track those 2 cupcakes I ate at church!!! OUCH!

But, that was yesterday...This is today. I got up early this morning and went to my sun porch to pray in the cool morning air. I want to start over...yet AGAIN. Today will be a tough day. It's a holiday and I will be tempted to sit around and rest all day and we have a family cookout tonight. I have prayed and asked God to give me strength and wisdom to make wise choices TODAY! Today's introduction of the week's Bible study lesson says that if we focus on being obedient in THIS moment, asking him for what we need to be victorious TODAY...he will answer yes. See the verses below. This was so important, it was in TWO different places in the Bible!!
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-10

So, I pray for you, my friends, that YOU will reach out to God today, asking him for what you need to be victorious...TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment