My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, May 5, 2011

God can turn hurts into blessings...

This week's memory verse:
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and walk humbly with your God." -- Micah 6:8

I ran out of time to do my Bible study this morning...I will catch up tomorrow. But I want to take this time to just say we all have people who have hurt us deeply in our lives. Sometimes the hurt is so deep we can't even think of forgiving and having a relationship with that person...we hurt so bad we overeat or hurt ourselves in other ways because we don't know how to get out of it.

If you are someone who is hurting...been hurt or done the hurting...our God says it is never too late! Ask God for help...cry out to Him and giver your hurts to him. If your heart is right with him, he will help you forgive. Things may never be the way they were before, but they don't need to be. Our God is a God of second chances...if you are holding on to that hurt, you are only keeping yourself a prisoner of the pain.

This topic was on my heart today...I am not an expert...I'm not a counselor...but I know what God places in my heart. My heart hurts for those who are hurting...I can't fix the world, only God can, but I can speak what is in my heart.

I have let go of hurts...things done to me...things I have done to others...The hurts don't always go away, but i have seen God take those hurts and turn them into blessings in my own life. 

The Bible verse above tells us that God shows us how to live...love mercy is one thing we are to do. If you are someone in pain today, ask God to help you have mercy on your own heart and forgive. God can take your hurts and turn them into blessings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment