My sun porch

My sun porch

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks...

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." -- 1 Chronicles 22:19

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It was two years ago today, on Thanksgiving, that I began writing "Blessings from the Sunporch." What started out as a just a social media way to share Bible study lessons with some teenagers has turned into something that is part of almost every day of my life. On this Thanksgiving day, I am incredibly thankful for this opportunity to share God's love with you, my readers.

There have been a couple of times in the last two years that I didn't write. Sometimes I was just too busy...sometimes I just didn't know what to write...and sometimes my heart just hurt too much to write about it. But, during those times, I felt something was missing. Writing has become a way for me work through the many thoughts that race around in my head. Writing has become a way for me to praise God.Writing has become a way for me to communicate what is in my heart. Now when I don't do it, there's a hole in my day. My brother has read my blog and told me he didn't think it sounded like me. Well...he may be right. Where DO all of these thoughts and words come from? I think it is me writing, but I think it's God who puts the ideas and the words in my head. That right there is something to be thankful for!!!

I am thankful that there are people out there, some are friends who know me and some are strangers, who read the MANY words I write. Without you, I would have not reason to write each day. I am thankful for those of you who share your thoughts about what I write with me. I am thankful for how God has stretched me and strengthened me through this blog in the last two years. I am thankful for possibilities of the future...maybe a book???? Who knows!

Please take a few minutes to thank God for the blessings in your own life today. We should live each day giving thanks to God, but this is a day set aside for just that purpose. It really does make one feel better to thank our creator!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment