My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, November 12, 2012

Stretching...

This week's memory verse:

"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lenthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."

As I read the memory verse for this week, I thought "Huh???" What the heck does enlarging a tent have to do with me and my walk with the Lord?

As I read a little deeper into the Bible study lesson, I see it's more about stretching. Learning that you can do more, or be more than you thought possible, but...only by relying on God and not yourself.

I think about Paul and Silas in prison. (Acts 16:16-34) They both were placed in chains and thrown in prison for very questionable reasons, and could have been angry, upset, and inconsolable. They could have cried, "Oh why, why, why have we been forsaken? We have great things to be doing for the Lord!" But...instead of doing this, they gathered together and prayed and sang hymns of PRAISE to the Lord! All the prisoners and jailers must have thought they were crazy...but they all heard and I'm sure they listened as well. (Read on in the Bible to see how that turns out!)

I am excited to study this week how I can stretch my spiritual wings...to stretch my curtains wide and see where the Lord takes me. Would you join me? The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment