My sun porch

My sun porch

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I wonder as I wander....or as I write...


"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you: Seek and you will find: knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." -- Luke 11:9-10

I do a lot of talking on the pages of this blog. Each morning I sit down with my laptop in front of me and start writing. I am never sure what I am going to write...the words just come. This morning, I am wondering what you are thinking.

I write a lot about God. Some say I get too "Jesus-y" sometimes. Before I go any further, I want you to know that I write what comes to my heart. When I sit down in my comfy chair each morning, or in warmer weather sitting out in my sun porch, I don't really know what I am going to write about. I don't know where the words come from...they just come. I choose to believe that they come from God, or that God puts inspiration in my mind and heart and moves me to write about what He wants me to write about. The only reason I say that is that I am not smart enough or deep enough for these thoughts to come just from me. Even my family says that my blog doesn't sound like I wrote it...

That being said, today I am more interested in what YOU have to say...about God. I want to pose a few questions and I would love to start a dialog with the people who read my blog posts. Have you ever had anyone approach you and try to talk to you about God? What kind of feelings did you have about the conversation? I talk about God here on my blog because it's safe...there is no one sitting in front of me asking me questions. I may not be quite as brave in what I say in front of someone. Are you comfortable talking about your faith or lack of faith?

 I realize it is rather hard to reply on Blogger...I have tried to reply to another friend's blog, and it never seems to make to to the blog. So, for those of you who can reply here, please do. For those of you that read my blog on Facebook, feel free to post a reply to my blog link.

A one-sided conversation is sometimes not satisfying. I do wonder what you think about God, and would love to hear your comments...



No comments:

Post a Comment