My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote! Then take heart, be strong and hope in the Lord!

This week's memory verse:
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." -- Psalm 31:24

And another good one for today:
"Be strong and courageous; do not be terrified, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9

As I was driving my daughter to school this morning...and driving myself to the polls...I couldn't help but think of some of the Facebook posts I have seen in the past several weeks, this last week, especially. Some were rude, some were unkind, some were downright ugly, and some were filled with fear. There are some out there...(and a good number of Christians) who are really AFRAID of the results of this election.

When I came back home after casting my votes, I sat down with my Bible study and noticed it was all about how we should not be afraid. Joshua 1:9 is one of my favorite verses ever, because it contains God's words to a man who believes in God, trusts in God and is about to take over for Moses! How would you like to fill THOSE shoes? If anyone has ever had the right to be afraid and nervous, it is Joshua! But God reassures him and tells him not to be afraid.

I don't care what your politics are, who you are voting for, or how adamant you are that your candidate is the best and ONLY canidate that is best for our country...what is more important is that you TRUST IN YOUR GOD!

No matter what the results are in the morning, God is still God and he is in control! Have you not read the end of God's story? God wins! If the world ends tomorrow, if you have given your life to Christ, you know where you are going! Why be afraid?

Wouldn't it just make God smile if instead of spouting hateful, rude and degrating things at people who don't believe as you do, we reassured people that God is in control? Yes, we have the responsibility and right to vote and cast our ballot for the candidates we believe will do the best job for our country. But just because we have the 1st Amendment RIGHT in this country to say what we think and believe, saying everything that is in our heads is not always the RIGHT thing to do!

Don't be afraid of these election results, no matter who you are for! Don't be afraid of this country going down hill if the "wrong" person gets into office. Don't be afraid of anything! If tomorrow you lost everything you owned in a fire or a "super storm," God would still be with you. Yes, your life might be hard and terrible for a time, but God will never leave you! Why be afraid?

Most of the time, I am a worrier and a "scaredy cat" about most everything. It comes to me naturally...I want everyone I know to be happy and healthy and prosperous. But...I am learning that God doesn't give us a spirit of fear...THAT doesn't come from God!!!! Put your trust in God and don't be afraid!

Go vote! Make your voice heard! Do your patriotic duty to vote your conscience and vote for the candidates you think will be best. Then...whoever wins, pray for them! Reassure and SHOW others who do not know God that you do know God and trust him with your life, your country and your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment