My sun porch

My sun porch

Monday, October 22, 2012

God Stories in cardboard...


This week's memory verse:
"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." -- Psalm 105:4

I was blessed to watch some very brave people yesterday. They stood on stage in front of a large crowd and made silent statements of how God rescued them from their worlds of trouble and pain through their relationship with Jesus Christ. Alcoholism, cancer, drugs, an abusive father, being childless, feeling like a zero, being an antheist...poster-board testimonies of darkness were flipped over to reveal how they were delivered, cured, saved, recovered, redeemed, made whole, made complete.

I personally know all of the the people that walked across the stage, and though I do not know all the details of their stories, I know that I see God and Christ's love shining in each of them every day. Each of them exhibit the attitude of Jesus in everything they do. They show tenderness and compassion for others, and think of others above themselves. No, they are still not perfect and each of them still make mistakes every day. But, they have an example to follow...Jesus, and it is obvious to all who know them that they do follow Jesus.

Lord, I want to be like you...I want to live like THAT! I want the world to know that I follow you and the only way that is possible is for me to act like you and follow your lead. This world is filled with trouble, guilt and pain. It is easy for me to get wrapped up in my own trouble, guilt and pain, and easy for me to show the world judgement instead of compassion. Help me today to open my eyes to the God stories around me...help me to reach out to others who are stuggling with their own troubles and show them your love and compassion. Help me to remember the blessings of the cardboard testimonies of my friends today so I can see people of all types through your eyes and not my own. Amen.

If you want to watch our carboard testimonies for yourself, click on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qoVikCefog&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment