My sun porch

My sun porch

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Service lessens worry and brings joy...

This week's memory verse:
"'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."'" -- Luke 10:41-42

Well...I just spent an hour writing a GREAT blog post about how serving others can lessen your worry and bring you joy...I hit one key by accident and it is ALL GONE! Arrgggg!

But...I'm NOT going to worry about it! I have made a list of my worries this morning. I talked with God about each one of them and turn them all over to God...including my frustration over losing all the words I just typed! I am now going to BURN that list and feel confident that God loves me more than the birds and the flowers and he WILL take care of me and provide for my needs! I don't have to worry about anything!

And, since I don't have to worry about anything, I am going to put on my "J-glasses" and look for people today who need me. I'm sure there are ways that I can serve others today. God will bring me opportunties to serve others and bring me joy at the same time!

So, don't worry about anything today! Give your worries to God and he will bring you opportunites for joy! I know it! Be blessed, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment